- Harley Bike Week during May
- Atlantic Beach Memorial Day Weekend Bikefest
- Fall Rally
Trailer Parking in Surfside Beach During Bike Events
Free motorcycle trailer parking shall be allowed in the 13th Avenue South parking lot and the 16th Avenue North parking lot during all bike rallies. Owners shall be solely responsible for any damage or loss that may occur.
Surfside Beach is committed to a safe, friendly environment for our visitors and residents. Anyone attending 2017 Bike Weeks will see changes throughout the Grand Strand area. Improvements will address both traffic management and pedestrian safety concerns. The goal of all Grand Strand municipalities during these events is to minimize emergency response times and prevent gridlock.
On behalf of the men and women of the Surfside Beach Police Department, welcome to the Bike Weeks. I am Kenneth Hofmann, Chief of Police for Surfside Beach.
Hosting two bike week events in the same month is no small task, especially when it comes to Public Safety issues. Law enforcement agencies, area-wide, strive to provide a safe and enjoyable venue for our visitors, business owners and residents alike. Life safety issues are a priority and will remain a top priority after the tragic shooting deaths last year of three individuals in Myrtle Beach while attending the Atlantic Beach Memorial Day Bikefest. Unfortunately, it only takes a few problems to create an unsafe environment for others.
During all rallies, you will notice an increased police presence with strict zero-tolerance enforcement for Driving Under the Influence (DUI) and alcohol/drug violations. Speeding, noise, and nuisance violations will also be a top priority. These measures are in place to ensure the safety and quality of life of our residents and visitors.
Our community is special to us and we value the safety of our residents and visitors. We chose to make the Surfside Beach area home because it is a great place to live, work and raise a family. We respect where we live and ask that when you visit our town, you do the same.
We welcome you and ask that you be safe, have fun and follow the law. Be safe!
Respectfully,Chief Kenneth Hofmann
Awareness at Social Events
- Plan to be with at least one other friend when going out to a bar, club, or party.
- Be sure that at least one person is identified as the designated driver.
- Keep your friends or roommates informed of where you are going, when you plan on returning and who you will be with.
- Do not drink beverages that are already open when handed to you by people you don’t know or trust. Never leave your drink unattended.
- Trust your instincts. If any social situation becomes uncomfortable or feels wrong, remain calm and leave immediately.
- If at any point, you or a friend feels disoriented or unusually intoxicated from what you have consumed, leave the bar or party immediately. Get medical help if necessary.
- Be aware of your surroundings and travel the safest route available.
- Please call 911 if you have been sexually assaulted.
- SC Motorcycle Laws
- Surfside Beach Noise Ordinance
- Surfside Beach Local Laws (PDF)
- Surfside Beach Bike Week Handout (PDF)
- Horry County Bike Week Website